5 Eye Makeup Tips That Can Turn Heads
It’s time to brush up on your makeup skills and put your eye makeup products to work with our stunning eye-makeup ideas!
Virtual parties are over, and now real-life celebrations are making a comeback (of course, with distance caution). Switch up your old eye makeup tricks and try out some cheery aesthetic we’ve compiled for you. It’s okay even if you haven’t practised your makeup skills in a while.
Now to help you out, we’ve listed the top 5 eye makeup ideas to turn heads:
How good are you at using liquid liners? Eyeliner can help draw attention to your eyes, make them appear larger, and even manipulate the eye structure. And all it takes is a little practice to upgrade your skills! That said, our first tip is to mix things up using a holiday liner instead of the good old black liner.
Anyone can do sparkly eyeliner styles without any professional skills. These graphic eyeliner styles are sure to be an ice breaker wherever you go. Regardless of the colour you choose, be it pink, gold, silver, here’s how you want to apply.
- Shake the liner well so that the liquid is mixed well.
- Remember to begin from the middle of your lash line and work your way outward.
- Now, place the brush closely against the upper lash line and start lining the upper lash line.
- Next, line the inner edge of your upper lash line with small strokes and connect it to the first line you made.
Voila! Now you’re ready to turn heads with your eyes!
Colourful eyes seem like hours of artwork. But in actuality, they’re not. It’s fast, easy and is bound to make a statement. To pull off this look:
- The first thing you want to do is grab your vibrant eyeshadow palette.
- Next, prime your eyelids and pick about five to six vibrant colours you’d like to flaunt.
- Then, apply them in vertical columns for the upper eyelid area and horizontal columns for the lower area.
Use a clean brush for each shade to avoid mucking the colours together— it can look like a colour accident instead of colourful.
Blend the colours with another clean brush for a refracted look like rainbow rays.
Lustrous eyelids are not for every day because they involve applying glossy eyeshadow. So, we say save this look for a girls-night-out. Glossy lids are deceptively easy to make despite their complex look. Apply your eye makeup as you would, and then finish it with eyeshadow gloss. It’s as easy as that!
Pink Vinyl Statement
To flaunt a bright pink vinyl eye makeup look:
- Prime the eyelids.
- Then choose the blush pink shade, and blend it around the eye area— not the eyelid, which means from the corner top of the brows to the top of the cheekbones.
- Get your eye brow pencil and fill the brows upwards and away from the face. Then apply mascara to get gorgeous lashes.
- Finally, you want to skip the blusher on the cheeks to spotlight the eyes.
The Inverted Eyeliner look:
- Line your lash line with black eyeliner as you usually would, except this time, draw it downwards over winging it.
- For the lower lash line, prefer using a metallic liner.
- Give the lower lash line a bold lining to pop the eyes.
- Apply your mascara and fill the brows.
- Don’t forget to highlight the brow bone for a dash of glimmer!
Bold eye makeup can instantly transform your entire makeup look. Once you have ‘the eyes’ to steal the show, the rest of the face doesn’t need to do much. Whether you’d like to achieve an aesthetic or glam eye makeup, the tips above will help you get that fabulous ‘Turn Heads’ look.