A Detailed Guide On Liver Cirrhosis And Their Effective Cure!
Liver cirrhosis is a condition that occurs in the latter stage of liver disease. It is a condition wherein the healthy liver tissue wears off, and scarring occurs. Cirrhosis of the liver might or might not show severe symptoms but can result from many causes. Hepatitis, alcohol misuse, and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease are common reasons. Patients with this condition should visit the best hospital for liver cirrhosis in Mumbai to get treated at a less severe stage.
Causes Of Liver Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis can be caused by various diseases and disorders of the liver. Some of the causes of liver cirrhosis are:
- Hepatitis B, C, and D
- Chronic Alcohol Abuse
- Abnormalities in the Bile Ducts
- Excessive Iron Buildup
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Fat Accumulation
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Copper Accumulation
- Inherited Disorders of Sugar Metabolism
- Genetic Digestive Disorder
- Hardening Of Bile Ducts
Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis
The initial symptoms of liver cirrhosis that a patient can experience are lethargy, mild jaundice, tiredness, excessive itching, swollen feet, anemia, etc. However, a patient can also develop severe life-threatening symptoms, such as swollen stomach and blood vomiting, leading to a major infection, mental instability, coma, profound jaundice, and kidney failure as the disease progresses. Furthermore, the patient may be prone to hemorrhage due to low liver enzyme prothrombin levels and a low platelet count necessary for optimal blood coagulation. A patient can likewise foster extreme dangerous side effects, like enlarged stomach and blood regurgitating, prompting a significant contamination, psychological dysfunction, trance state, significant jaundice, and kidney disappointment as the infection advances
Treatment Of Liver Cirrhosis
The treatment for liver cirrhosis can differ depending on the symptoms and severity of the disease. The following are some of the treatment options that the best hospital for liver cirrhosis in Mumbai follows to treat patients diagnosed with this condition.
- Treatment through Drugs: Doctors recommend certain drugs to patients who do not see improvement from non-invasive treatment baseds on the illness.
- Treatment with Surgery: If there is excessive liver damage, doctors can decide to operate on the patient and cure them with a liver transplant. The doctors remove the cirrhotic tumors within a patient and use surgical procedures to transplant a liver.
- Treatment without Surgery: Apart from transplanting a liver, endoscopy can also be performed to control internal bleeding in the feces in severe stages of liver disease.
- Treatment with Banding: The banding procedure is a treatment option for liver cirrhosis. In this procedure, an elastic strap is placed at the base of the varices to stop bleeding.
- Sclerotherapy By Injection: Another method to treat liver cirrhosis is sclerotherapy. A fluid-like substance is infused into varices to develop scar tissue and create a blood clot, bypassing blood through the steaming method.
- Antibiotic Therapy: If the infection levels are high, antibiotic therapy can be used as a non-surgical therapeutic solution to treat the illness.
These are the causes, symptoms, and effective treatments of liver cirrhosis. Patients dealing with this illness can get treatment from Nanavati Max Hospital, which is considered the best hospital for liver cirrhosis in Mumbai. Nanavati Max Hospital has specialist doctors with extensive experience in treating liver diseases.