How to download and install the Spectrum TV app on Roku
Spectrum was one of the first cable companies to realize the cable cut was going to be a big deal and wanted in on the action. TV boxes came first, and then a streaming service. This tutorial is about the streaming service and it’s all about installing it on Roku instead of using a set-top box.
Spectrum TV is the service. It’s an alternative cable contract that isn’t really a contract at all. It’s an ongoing monthly subscription that offers premium channels that you can add or remove as you go. It’s more expensive than other cord-cutting alternatives like DirecTV, but it’s still popular.
Install Spectrum TV channel on Roku
Spectrum TV is available as a legitimate channel on Roku, so setting it up is a breeze. Of course, you’ll want your Roku to be connected to the Internet and you’ll need a Spectrum TV account, but the rest is easy.
- Open your Roku and navigate to the Channel Store.
- Select Spectrum TV and select Install.
- Open the Spectrum TV channel and sign in with your Spectrum TV account.
- Accept the license terms and use the application.
Now that you’re signed in, you can use the Spectrum TV channel however you like. What you see will depend on your subscription, but you can browse, search, and view content from the channel the same way you would any other channel.
However, the Spectrum TV channel does include a couple of weaknesses. I have seen a few clients grumble that the channel doesn’t open, or opens and afterward closes once more, or doesn’t stream content. Assuming that happens to you, there are several things you can do to fix it.
Spectrum tv app won’t appear or keep closing
Assuming your Range Station on Roku continues switching off or not opening by any means, you’re in good company. The Range television gatherings are loaded with individuals whining about this. It doesn’t appear to influence only one Roku gadget, however every one of them.. The only option seems to be to remove the channel from Spectrum TV and add it back or factory reset the Roku.
The first one is a pain and the reboot is a nightmare if you have a lot of channels or have customized your settings.
To remove the channel from Spectrum TV, do the following:
- Navigate to My Channels and select Spectrum TV.
- Select the * or Options button on the remote.
- Select Delete channel and confirm.
You can also use the Roku app if you prefer:
- Select My Channels from the Roku app.
- Select the arrow to the right of the Spectrum TV channel.
- Select Delete and confirm.
You can now use the instructions above to add the Spectrum TV channel again and try again. You’ll need to sign in again, but the app may work fine afterward.
RLP-1999 and RLP-999 errors when using Spectrum TV
Two error codes that seem to come up a lot when using Spectrum TV are RLP-1999 and RLP-999. According to Spectrum TV support, these are connectivity errors and are a sign of a problem between your Roku and the Spectrum TV servers.
You can fix this problem yourself by trying another app inside your Roku. If the app works fine and streams smoothly, the issue is with Spectrum TV. If other apps are also having streaming issues, it may be your network.
If you are suspicious of your network, there are a couple of things you can do.
- Restart the Roku – A basic troubleshooting step that resets your network connection and might get you working again.
- Restart your router and/or modem – Another basic step to reset your entire network. You can check other sources, like a web browser or phone, to make sure your network is working, but a reboot never hurts.
- Switch from WiFi to Ethernet – This step is not as easy as these others, but WiFi can be very fickle. If you can, switch to a cable connection and try the Spectrum TV channel again. If it works fine, you need to troubleshoot your wireless network. If you’re still seeing problems, it’s not you.
If none of those steps work, it’s time to reach out to Spectrum TV customer support. You are paying a premium for this service and it is money down the drain if you cannot access the content you want to see when you want to see it.