Sports health insurance
Are you a sports fan? If so, from here we advise you to never give up this healthy habit. Whether you are a runner, cyclist, go to the gym or go hiking, you may be interested in having the protection of good health insurance for athletes.
More and more people are concerned about their physical appearance and well-being, hence they take care of their diet and practice some sport. Insurers are aware of this and offer very interesting urgent care medical insurance with a set of specific coverage. Do you want to meet them?
What is sports medical insurance?
We are talking about insurance that covers a series of special conditions designed for people who care for their health through sport. It doesn’t matter if you are an amateur or a professional, the companies will adapt to your needs, offering you the best benefits at a preventive level or to facilitate your recovery from any injury or accident.
In our sports health insurance comparator you will be able to obtain more information about the coverages that the main companies in the sector incorporate. In this way you will be able to access a very complete comparison with the guarantees they offer and their prices to choose the ideal policy for you.
Why take out medical insurance for athletes?
Athletes usually subject their body to more or less intense physical activity, which at some point may fail. Hiring health insurance is a great alternative to be safe and have the greatest peace of mind when doing sports on a daily basis.
These insurances can include the classic covers, but also other specific ones to extend the degree of protection. In this way, both the insured and their family will be covered against any misfortune that leads to serious injury, permanent disability or even death.
What medical specialties are key for the athlete?
Health insurance for athletes allows you to receive medical attention from specialists without long waits. When it comes to an injury, immediacy is essential when performing certain tests that will lead to diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Generally, general health insurance does not cover injuries or accidents associated with professional sports and this particular specialty of medicine is often excluded from its list. Physical Education and Sports Medicine is included in sports medical insurance, assisting athletes and fans of risky sports, whether it is scuba diving, climbing or activities related to motor vehicles.
In any case, if you do physical exercise with some regularity, this specific insurance is also for you due to the medical specialties that it usually groups together:
- Sports physiotherapy . The sessions of this subspecialty allow treating any sports injury and obtaining a precise rehabilitation to prevent it from reappearing.
- Nutrition . A person who takes care of himself not only resorts to physical exercise. Food is strongly linked to sport and is an aspect that must also be paid attention to. Having the help of an expert in this field will help you to control and organize your daily diet in the best possible way, taking into account various factors: age, physical condition and type of exercise to practice.
- Preventive Medicine . If you are an athlete, this coverage will give you the peace of mind you need to continue practicing your favorite sport. Thanks to it you will be able to access stress tests, check-ups or heart disease risk diagnoses to prevent future problems. That way you can adapt the level of exercise to your physical condition and even do a footprint study to avoid injuries.
Main sports health insurance coverage
After suffering a sports injury, it is convenient to have quality medical assistance with the figure of specialists who can attend to us quickly. If you carry out a sporting activity regularly or practice a risky or extreme sport, this type of insurance is convenient for you to enjoy its assistance in the event of an injury or prevent the appearance of a pathology.
Normally, with these insurances you can access the following benefits:
- Primary assistance to treat general medicine, emergencies, analyzes or ambulances.
- Access to any specialty without the need to go to the family doctor first.
- Diagnostic tests to detect possible ailments or injuries.
- Hospitalization expenses or daily compensation for hospitalization.
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
- Video consultations with a doctor. Virtual consultations with specialist doctors will provide you with a pre-assessment of the diagnosis and its possible treatments.
- 24-hour telephone medical line. Some companies can add this type of coverage to take care of the insured’s health at any time.
- Preventive sports medicine programs. Its objective is to work on the prevention and treatment of pathologies associated with sports practice.