What is MeWe, the social network that does not share personal data?
MeWe presents itself as a social network different from current platforms and is one of the networks that have emerged as alternatives to Parler and Facebook with more strength in recent months. In this sense, the main characteristic of MeWe is that it has a different business model, focused on treating the user as a person and not as a set of data that can be marketed.
The platform was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, when a group of social network developers got together and realized that modern platforms were losing much of their human sense, their democratic capacity and, above all, if they realized that the main social platforms were abusing the user, by not respecting their privacy.
MeWe is available for Android and iOS, as well as desktop browsers. It seeks to offer confidence to users, giving them back control of everything they publish and focusing on privacy as the basis for its operation. In this sense, MeWe does not share the user’s personal data with advertising companies, since the platform is free of ads. In addition, there is also no type of algorithm that can be manipulate by paying for advertising on the platform.
This platform seeks for the user to be the protagonist at all times, sharing whatever they want, whenever they want. In this sense, it is the user who is in charge of designing their own level of privacy in each publication, controlling who can see each publication, in order to limit toxic interactions with users with whom they do not trust.
In it is possible to share status updates, voice messages, text, images and video. The platform has an internal chat, as well as the option to create and join groups, which can be public or private. The interface is almost identical to the old Facebook news interface, with a central area for updates, a left sidebar for platform options, and a right sidebar for creating posts.
These are some of the exclusive features of MeWe:
- Unique profiles: The user profile and the group profile can be fully customize to represent each user.
- MyCloud: MeWe offers a personal storage space, called MyCloud, where the user can organize all their content. This functionality has an intuitive control panel that facilitates content management.
- Voice messages: The social network has voice integration, which allows the user to post voice messages, chat by voice or respond to comments with a voice note.
- Dual camera: When uploading a live video, MeWe allows you to split the video in two, using the front camera of the phone to show the user, as well as the back camera to show where they are and what they are doing.
- Improved permissions management: Allows you to manage the permissions of each publication separately, so that the user decides who can see them. It is also possible to make yourself invisible to other users, as well as to the internal search engine.
Importance of MeWe
MeWe is a social media marketing platform that helps brands and celebrities connect and interact with their fans, get paid, and give back to the community. MeWe is use by social media stars and celebrities to interact with their fans and fans of other stars. Since MeWe was found in 2012, the platform has grown to over 143 million users and over 800,000 campaigns have been run.
MeWe is a marketplace for buyers and sellers of digital goods, with the unique feature of allowing buyers to offer the seller a set-price deal or put a price on the item. The platform’s processes are automate, so sellers can concentrate on their products. MeWe draws on this qualitative approach to ensure that buyers feel welcome and secure while they shop.
MeWe is a platform that connects brands with influencers, where brands and influencers combine their efforts to promote products through word of mouth. It has been around since 2011 and even today I am still amaze at what MeWe has accomplish to this point.